Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Liam Gallagher: Worst thing anyones said to me? Are you Noel Gallagher?

The singer on a brush with death aged eight, 1970s sitcoms and his most unappealing habit

Born in Manchester, Gallagher, 45, rose to fame in the 1990s as lead singer of Oasis. The bands second album (Whats the Story) Morning Glory? led to three Brit awards in 1996 and was named best British album since 1980 at the awards in 2010. He has just released his debut solo album, As You Were, and will tour the UK this winter.

What is your earliest memory?
Being stung by a bumble bee outside my grandmas house in Ireland. Iscreamed so loud I think thats the first time I knew I had a good set of lungs on me.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I cant stand social chameleons: people who change to impress whoever they happen to be with.

What is your phone wallpaper?
A picture of my two boys, Lennon and Gene.

What would your super power be?
Invisibility.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Im very happy with the way Ilook.For 45 years, I think Im doingallright.

What is your most unappealing habit?
Im partial to licking my own plates.

What is your favourite smell?
My woman, the inside of new shoes, my own farts.

What is your favourite word?
Chop suey.

Which book changed your life?
I dont really read books. The film Quadrophenia had a big impact on me havent read the book though.

What is the worst thing anyones said to you?
Are you Noel Gallagher?

What is top of your bucket list?
To drive around France in a Gypsycaravan.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Seventies sitcoms like Rising Damp.

What do you owe your parents?
I owe my mother everything; she gave me life, guidance and beautifulskin.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
Any sorrys Ive needed to say have been said already.

What does love feel like?
Love to me is knowing who you are and knowing who you aint.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
John Lennon, Nigella Lawson, Keith Moon, Steve Coogan, Peter Sellers.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
As you were.

What is the worst job youve done?
Digging holes in Manchester inJanuary.

What has been your biggest disappointment?
Oasis splitting up.

How do you relax?
I run every morning.

What is the closest youve come todeath?
When I was about seven or eight years old, I was messing about in abrook with my brothers and afriend of mine, Paul Hewitt, and Ialmost drowned. Paul saved me.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
A fully functioning thyroid.

What song would you like played atyour funeral?
Live Forever.

Where would you most like to be right now?
On a desert island with no technology, surrounded by friends and family with endless supplies of food and booze.

Tell us a joke
I once farted in an elevator. It was wrong on so many levels.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/oct/14/liam-gallagher-q-and-a-interview

The post Liam Gallagher: Worst thing anyones said to me? Are you Noel Gallagher? appeared first on ArticlePoint.



from
http://www.articlepoint.info/liam-gallagher-worst-thing-anyones-said-to-me-are-you-noel-gallagher/

No comments:

Post a Comment